Suppliers' professional competence
ZSSK CARGO PROCEDURE FOR GAINING THE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE OF A SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES FOR ZSSK CARGO ROLLING STOCK AND ITS COMPONENTS
Supplier is an external organization or person providing a product to ZSSK CARGO. A supplier is a manufacturer, service provider or business corporation. A supplier means an applicant for or a holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence.
Subcontractor is an entity that delivers goods or services for ZSSK CARGO rolling stock on the basis of a contractual relationship with the supplier.
Applicant is a supplier of goods and/or services for ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, applying for a professional competence examination.
Supplier's professional competence is its ability, and the ability of its system(s) and process(es), to realize a specific product for ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, that meets the requirements placed upon it. The verification of competence is the purpose of a professional competence examination.
Technical Delivery and Acceptance Conditions (TDAC) is a set of approved node requirements specifying the technical requirements for the test parts (elements), indicating the tolerances allowed, the scope and quality of accompanying documents, designation and identification, the manner of handing over, taking over, delivering and packing the node. The TDAC provisions are part of the node repair or purchase request.
Certificate of Professional Competence is a document issued in accordance with the Guideline for reviews of the professional competence of suppliers of goods and services for ZSSK CARGO's rolling stock and its components, certifying that the supplier meets ZSSK CARGO's requirements and is qualified to supply goods and services for ZSSK CARGO's rolling stock.
The quality of the purchased rolling stock, its parts and components significantly affects the realization of products of ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division. The aim is to operate rolling stock, i.e. motive power units (locomotives) and freight wagons that meet the railway traffic safety criteria.
ZSSK CARGO has put in place and maintains a quality management system for the manufacture, maintenance and repairs of rolling stock. In order to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2015 international standard, ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, conducts supplier professional competence reviews as one of the forms of checking the quality of suppliers' services and products.
Professional competence reviews are carried out as external audits conducted by the other party in accordance with the Commercial Code and the ISO 19011 standard. They are also required by the System of Management of Entities in Charge of Maintenance (ECM) within the EU in accordance with Directive (EU) 2016/798 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/779.
Suppliers performing the activities mentioned in point 4.1 must submit a valid certificate of professional competence ("Certificate") issued by ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division.
The professional competence of a supplier performing specific activities pursuant to Section 17 of Act No. 513/2009 Coll. and Section 20 of Decree No. 205/2010 Coll. shall be reviewed by the Transport Authority. A supplier is required to hold a valid certificate or licence issued by the Transport Authority. Otherwise, the Rolling Stock Services Division will not conduct an examination of the supplier's professional competence.
Goods and services that are reviewed by us
A professional competence examination is conducted with suppliers whose activities are related to rolling stock safety and aimed at the following areas:
- design, development and manufacture of rail vehicles,
- modernization, reconstruction of and operational modifications to rail vehicles,
- maintenance and repairs of rail vehicles including prescribed tests and measurements,
- supply, manufacture and repairs of parts, components and materials for rolling stock.
Suppliers that are reviewed by us
A professional competence examination is conducted:
- with suppliers who have applied for a professional competence examination,
- with suppliers who have been granted a Certificate which has already expired, based on the supplier's application,
- with suppliers who have been granted a Certificate, but also carry out other activities within the activities included in the List (e.g. a supplier who extends its activities), based on the supplier's application,
- with subcontractors delivering goods or services for ZSSK CARGO rolling stock on the basis of a contractual relationship with the supplier,
- with dealers who are engaged in purchasing and selling. These may only deliver products from subcontractors holding a valid Certificate issued hereunder. They are required to give proof thereof.
- with suppliers/dealers if the value of a contract made with ZSSK CARGO for the supply of goods and services that are not included in the List exceeds EUR 100,000
Suppliers of products (parts, components, materials and services for rolling stock) must hold a valid Certificate of Professional Competence issued by ZSSK CARGO.
ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, reserves the right to decide as to whether or not it is necessary for suppliers whose products are not included in the List to hold a Certificate.
If the supplier carries out activities requiring a Certificate by subcontracting (semi-finished products, partial operations, etc.), subcontractors are subject to a Professional Competence Examination. Therefore, each supplier subjected to a Professional Competence Examination shall submit to the examiner a list of cooperating subcontractors with valid contractual relationships and specified activities.
Rules for assessing the supplier's professional competence
As part of a supplier professional competence examination, the requirements defined in the Assessment Protocol are reviewed.
A supplier assessment only contains those questions which are included by the Committee according to the required scope of activities after an initial meeting with representatives of the reviewed supplier. Questions which are not included in the examination will be removed by the Committee from the list of questions by crossing out in the score column and adding the remark "not applicable".
The level of satisfaction of the individual requirements is assessed by a score ranging from 0 to 10 points, with 10 points being the highest score.
When reaching at least 80 % of the highest possible score and subject to satisfaction of the requirements of points 1 and 2, provided they carry out the specified activities, the Committee will RECOMMEND the Director of the Rolling Stock Services Division to issue a certificate of professional competence to the supplier for the required activities.
When reaching less than 80% of the highest possible score, the Committee will NOT RECOMMEND the Director of the Rolling Stock Services Division to issue a certificate of professional competence to the supplier. In that event, it will only be possible to issue a certificate of professional competence after passing a re-examination of professional competence successfully.
Methods of conducting a professional competence examination
A professional competence examination will be conducted by the approved committee based on a decision of ZSSK CARGO physically or administratively.
ZSSK CARGO reserves the right to determine the method of conducting a professional competence examination.
PROCEDURE for conducting a professional competence examination
- Submitting a written application for conducting an examination of the professional competence of suppliers of goods and services for ZSSK CARGO's rolling stock and its components.
- The applicant will receive an Order and an Assessment Protocol
- A completed and signed Order (specifying the activities to be examined) will be sent by the applicant via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and by post to:
Železničná spoločnosť Cargo Slovakia, a.s.
Rolling Stock Services Division - Depo Services (Ú40)
Ing. Anna Tkáčová
821 01 Bratislava
By confirming the Order, the applicant accepts the terms upon which an examination will be conducted.
- A professional competence examination will be conducted by the Committee. The Committee is composed of at least 2 members, with the number of its members depending on the terms and scope of the examination.
- The professional competence examination date will be determined by the mutual consent of the applicant and the appointed Committee Chair.
- The Committee will assess the supplier's professional competence according to the Assessment Protocol. The Assessment Protocol includes the areas to be examined and the system of assessment of the supplier.
- The result of a professional competence examination is taken down in a Professional Competence Examination Report. Immediately after the examination is closed, the Committee will draw up an Assessment Protocol and an Examination Report that will be then discussed with the applicant's representatives. By signing the Examination Report, the applicant accepts the result of the examination.
- In case of a positive result of the professional competence examination, the Committee will recommend the Director of the Rolling Stock Services Division to grant a Certificate of Professional Competence for the activities examined. The Certificate is granted for a fixed term.
- Two months before the expiry of the Certificate, the supplier shall apply for the extension of the Certificate or for the conduct of a professional competence verification examination.
- If the examination process reveals any material non-conformities that prevent compliance with the specified conditions, the examination is discontinued. Rectification requirements and deadlines are then set out for the applicant. The deadline for rectifying the non-conformities is determined by the Committee Chair, depending on their materiality. The examination is resumed by checking the adopted correction measures immediately after the rectification deadline expires. Subsequently, the examination will be terminated and closed by drawing up a report, regardless of whether or not the identified shortcomings have been removed.
- In case of a negative result of the examination of the supplier's professional competence, the application for the grant of a Certificate will be rejected. The applicant will be forthwith informed accordingly in writing, with the reasons for such rejection being specified in the professional competence examination report. The supplier may apply for a re-examination of professional competence after rectifying all the identified non-conformities.
- Even if the result of the professional competence examination is negative, the applicant is obliged to reimburse the costs related to the professional competence examination. Otherwise, a re-examination is not allowed.
The grant and validity of a Certificate of Professional Competence
If the applicant's professional competence is established by a positive result of the examination, subject to reimbursement of the costs incurred by the Committee conducting the examination, the Director of the Rolling Stock Service Division will grant a Certificate of Professional Competence for the activities required (or specified according to the TDAC).
A Certificate granted to the supplier who has successfully passed a professional competence examination is valid for a maximum of 3 years following the examination date.
If the case of a change of the business name of the supplier (successor organization) without changing the scope of activities performed for the Rolling Stock Services Division, the Certificate will become null and void. At the supplier's request, a new Certificate will be issued to the successor organization, maintaining the original activities and expiry dates. ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, reserves the right to conduct an examination at the supplier's expense in this case as well.
Extension or revocation of a Certificate of Professional Competence
If the supplier is found to have delivered non-conforming products during the validity of the Certificate or to have violated the conditions set out in the Certificate, ZSSK CARGO, the Rolling Stock Services Division, reserves the right to conduct an extraordinary examination of the supplier, which may lead to immediate revocation of the Licence if non-conformities are established by such examination.
If the supplier fails to renew the Certificate issued by the Transport Authority, which has expired, the validity of the Certificate is suspended until the renewal of the Certificate. This will not affect the term of validity of the Certificate.
Fees for conducting a professional competence examination
The price for conducting an examination is determined by a bid price per standard hour as set out in the order. The hours spent conducting an examination include the sum of hours actually worked by the individual Committee members conducting the examination of the applicant. Added to the hours spent conducting an examination will be 2 hours reserved for the Committee to prepare for the examination at its workplace.
Added to the price for conducting an examination will also be all business travel costs (such as meals, pocket money, insurance, accommodation, travel expense, air tickets, fuel, etc.) according to the applicable Slovak laws and the ZSSK CARGO guidelines.
The grant of a Certificate is subject to payment of the costs of the examination into the account stated in the invoice.
If no Certificate is granted, the costs incurred in connection with the particular examination will be invoiced to the applicant either.
- List of goods and services subject to a professional competence examination
- Order (RU, ENG)
- Assessment Protocol (RU, ENG)
- Professional Competence Examination Report (RU, ENG)
- Certificate of Professional Competence (RU, ENG)